Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Eartha Kitt - Uska Dara



Eartha Kitt was a famous Amercian singer, cabaret artist and and an actress.
I found myself listening back Christmas songs because of sudden snowfall in The Netherlands. Kitt made also the famous "Santa baby" song but the most happy I was to find the "Turkish tale" song that I have heard somewhere when I was small because I remember only the strange lyrics that were in Turkish and went according to me like "uuskudaara äärekikke rambada biriam buu". Kitt ofcourse sang this song in Turkish that tells also quite a lot how multilingual she was!

I still totally love this song!

Eartha Kitt - "Turkish tale"




Eartha Kitt - "Oggere"




Some cool quotes and fact about her:
"Orson Welles once called her the `most exciting woman in the world.` "She took over the role of Catwoman for the third and final season of the 1960s Batman television series,
replacing Julie Newmar, who was unavailable due to other commitments."

Do you remember still Mowgli and the jungle book? Sounds bit familiar.

Eartha Kitt - "African lullaby"



Eartha Kitt - "Santa baby"



Interesting Telegraph article about her life: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/3965054/Eartha-Kitt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment