Monday, January 23, 2012

Paul Kalkbrenner


Paul Kalkbrenner is a German electronic music artist. I found about him last year. It's great to get to know new artists! Was so happy to find this one. At first "Aaron" catched me. It felt the best summer hit for some time, the beats were captivating. It's very simple but you just can't help it, it makes you move. And now when the winter starts to be gone, at least in The Netherlands, and spring coming is a good time to play this again!

Paul Kalkbrenner - "Aaron"


And the other day I found back a very beautiful cover of the song "Mad World" by Gary Jules. This song was on repeat for some time.

Paul Kalkbrenner - "Mad world"


The original song, this including have very beautiful lyrics.

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world, mad world"

Next one is also a nice song, I think the video is taken from the film "Berling calling" (2008), directed by Hannes Stöhr, that tells about a DJ and a producer, where Kalkbrenner was playing the part of the producer.

Paul Kalkbrenner - "Sky and sand"


The soundtrack of Berlin calling was released 2008. The newest album from Kalkbrenner is Icke wieder 2011. I have listened only very short clips from it but it sounds very impressive! Here you can listen Kalkbrenner introducing his new album Icke Wieder.


No comments:

Post a Comment