Thursday, December 8, 2011

Austra. The LIVE experience.

I saw Austra live yesterday at Rotown! They were amazing! Singer Katie Stelmanis has amazing voice. I think Austra is even better to listen live. They had some massive drums, that took almost over her voice. The twin back up singers Sari and Romy Lightman were great. At the keyboards there was Ryan Wosniak and in the drum's if I got it right Maya Postepski. They played songs from the "Feel it break" album and I think one new one. The release date for the deluxe version of this album will be 13th December. The double cd will also include among the others songs like "Believe me" the stunning cover of Roy Orbison's "Crying".




I was so happy to hear "Lose it" and "Beat and the pulse" live. The beginning of beat and the pulse is just awesome. It captures. I had the chance to say shortly to Stelmanis how great the gig was and said how amazing the Crying cover is and the acoustic versions that were done in the Paper bag session. She felt like a really nice person and appreciated the feedback. This time I dared to ask her in a picture with me so now I have a great memory from the gig! Was just too nervous to smile, but on the way back cycling home I was just smiling big time and happy from the concert.

Austra - Lose it - Live from End of the road festival (UK)




Austra - Beat and the pulse (live from Amsterdam)



Austra - Crying


The whole lyrics, very beautiful ones:
Writer: MELSON, JOE / ORBISON, ROY 

I was all right for a while, I could smile for a while
But I saw you last night, you held my hand so tight
As you stopped to say "Hello"
Aw you wished me well, you couldn't tell

That I'd been crying over you, crying over you
Then you said "so long". left me standing all alone
Alone and crying, crying, crying crying
It's hard to understand but the touch of your hand
Can start me crying

I thought that I was over you but it's true, so true
I love you even more than I did before but darling what can I do
For you don't love me and I'll always be

Crying over you, crying over you
Yes, now you're gone and from this moment on
I'll be crying, crying, crying, crying
Yeah crying, crying, over you

Just amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment